Position Name: Wire Termination Technician
Position Purpose and Objective
The primary function of this position is to assemble wire harness bundles through repetitive tasks using hand tools, while simultaneously ensuring all work is done to specification.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Layout – Routing of wiring bundles on a form board, cutting to specific length, hand cabling of wire bundle to specified lay ratios, installing IDs at specified lengths
- Strip/Crimp – Stripping back wire at specified lengths and crimping on contacts/wire lugs, use various hand-operated or automated tools to perform strip/crimp tasks
- Solder Sleeves – Stripping shielded and/or jacketed wire to specified length, exposing shield and/or inner conductor, installing solder sleeves, which may or may not include jumper wire
- Insertion – Inserting crimped and empty contacts into various types of connectors, ensuring proper seating and checking retention
- Torque – Tightening connector assemblies and backshells to torque specifications
- Tape – Installing miscellaneous types and widths of tape by machine or by hand to meet specified overlap requirements
- Close/Band – Installing miscellaneous types of bands to secure shield and/or metal overbraiding to connectors and backshells
- Develop an understanding of the principles of continuity and operation of test equipment
- Perform all duties in accordance with Vermillion Quality Management System and Safety standards, using situation-appropriate tools and protective equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of basic hand tools required
- Ability to use measuring tools to measure lengths accurately and precisely is required; certain responsibilities may require precision to within 1/32 inch
- Good organization skills
- Ability to assemble products according to verbal or written instructions, or by following drawings/diagrams
- This position requires the employee to have clear vision at 20 inches or less (with or without the use of personal corrective eyewear or a company-provided magnifying glass) in addition to color vision in order to identify and distinguish colors
Vermillion is an equal opportunity employer.